Who Is Joan
Online Parent Ezine
Help 4 Parents
Help 4 Teens
Games 4 All
Stories to Read
Tribute to Bill
Like This Site?
Let your friends know. Click here.
LITTLE PEOPLE'S POT O' GOLD
1. One 1-inch diameter round wooden bead
2. 5 or 6 black seed beads
3. Approximately 2-inches wire, fine enough to fit through the seed beads.
4. Black paint
5. Gold glitter
6. 2-inches twine, 1/8-inch diameter
7. Scrap paper, 1/4-inch square
8. Tacky glue
9. Shamrock green construction paper
10. scrap wire
1. Small paintbrush
2. Needle-nose pliers
3. Small sharp scissors
INSTRUCTIONS: (Important - read them until you fully understand them)
1. Hold large bead with threading hole vertical.
2. Glue three or four seed beads in a circle around the top threading
hole. Allow glue to dry. Turn large bead over, to stand bead "pot" on
3. Glue one seed bead onto each side of the standing "pot" bead to use as
handle anchors. Each bead is glued on one end of its threading hole so the
other end will hold the wire "handle."
4. To form pot "rim", glue twine around the bead "pot", about 2/3 to the
top, above the "handle" holder side seed beads.
5. Glue 1/4-inch paper scrap over top hole of large bead "pot".
6. To form pot "handle", bend wire into U-shape. With pliers, bend each
end at right angle, glue into bead "handle" anchors.
7. Paint entire bead "pot" and handle black.
8. Carefully spread glue over top of "pot" bead inside the pot "rim."
Then spread Gold Glitter onto glue and allow to dry.
9. Cut green paper into small tear-drop shapes. Glue four to a tiny piece
of wire to form "shamrock" and "stem." Then glue to side of "pot" or onto
the pot "handle."
10. Add a small green bow if you so desire. Then print in gold on the
side of the black kettle --
"Pot O' Gold" or "Good Luck!"