Who Is Joan
Online Parent Ezine
Help 4 Parents
Help 4 Teens
Games 4 All
Stories to Read
Tribute to Bill
Like This Site?
Let your friends know. Click here.
Top 7 Tips for Working with Your Spouse
By BB Lee
It's inevitable: You and your mate are experiencing
tremendous conflicts. Suddenly, your home business
venture isn't sounding so great. You've even stopped
communicating. Instead, you grunt in each other's
direction. And, during morning breaks you sit watching
"Divorce Court," sympathizing with the complainants.
Now is the perfect time for you to outline a plan for
working with your spouse. The following tips are very
effective and can be adapted to your own situation:
- Make sure both partners share a burning passion for the same
home business venture. You don't want to invest in widgets and
find out later that your husband wanted to open a sports-
related Web site.
- Discuss openly any family obligations that might interfere with
business commitments. Decide which is most important to you,
your son's baseball game or learning to use a new financial
spreadsheet program on your computer.
- Decide to discuss honestly any problems you encounter. In one
case I know of, a wife who believed in purchasing only the best-
quality, highest-priced office furniture, for their home office.
The budget-conscious husband literally hit the roof when he
discovered his wife had spent almost a years budget on what he
called "over-priced office doodads."
- Agree how the profits will be split. Know who is responsible for
paying the bills. How much will be invested back into the
- Clearly outline what duties each person will perform daily.
This will decrease conflicts considerably and help the work
- Treat each other as professionals, while respecting each other's
unique contributions to the business.
- Always remember that your marriage is your first priority in
your life, more important than any business issue that might
BB Lee is Editor/Publisher Of SmallBizBits.
Subscribe Now For The Latest Home Biz Advice!
Bonus Business E-book Package For Subscribing!
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org